As a keen traveler, I know that you have researched everything about Manaslu trekking. However, you maybe miss out on something, and especially about the Manaslu Trekking Permit Cost. So, how much does the Manaslu Trek Permit cost?
To answer this question, I have come up with this article describing the actual cost of the Manaslu trek permit.
First of all, Manaslu Trek Permit Cost hugely depends on the month you are trekking, number of trekking days and in which season are you trekking (Spring and Autumn). Manaslu Circuit Trek is located in a restricted and isolated region of Nepal. Manaslu trekking has been overshadowed by other famous treks such as Everest Trekking and Annapurna Trekking over the past year. However, this around Manaslu treks is gaining much more popularity in the recent times due to its unspoiled and unexplored beauty.
To trek in this restricted region, you need a total of three different special permits issued by the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Home Affairs, Department of Immigration at Kalikasthan, Dillibazar, Kathmandu.
Manaslu Circuit Trek Permit Cost Details:
Three different special permits with cost are:
Manaslu Restricted Permit Fee:
If you are planning to trek aournd Manaslu trek from September to November (Autumn), the permit will cost you USD 70 for the first seven days and USD 10 for each additional days
Similarly, from December to August (Winter, Spring, and Summer), Manaslu trek permit will cost USD 50 for the first seven days and USD 7 for each additional days
Manaslu Conservation Area Permit Fee:
- MCAP Entry Fee for SAARC: NRs.1000 per person
- MCAP Entry Fee for other nationals: NRs.3000 per person
Annapurna Conservation Area Permit Fee (ACAP):
- ACAP Entry Fee for SAARC: NRs. 1000 per person
- ACAP Entry Fee for other nationals: NRs.3000 per person
If you choose Tsum Valley as a side-trip, then you need to add one more permits — Tsum Valley permit. It will cost USD 35 per person for one week.
Whereas, you can also continue Annapurna Circuit Trek or Annapurna base camp Trek. You need to apply for the TIMS card. It will cost USD 10 per person.
Manaslu Trekking Permits Terms and Conditions:
- Children under 10 years of age do not require any permit.
- Trekkers need to apply as an individual entry permit for MCAP and ACAP
- An entry permit is non-refundable as well as non-transferable and valid for the single entry only
- The person entering the Conservation Area shall abide by the National Park and Wildlife Conservation Act, 2029 B.S. (1973) and the Regulations made under this Act
- Entry Permits will not be issued from any check posts along the trekking routes of the Conservation Areas. It is only available from Kathmandu and Pokhara tourism board office
- Entry permits must be carried during the entire trek and should be shown in checkpoint
- Above Manaslu trek, permit cost include 13% Value Added Tax (VAT) and all other government taxes
Planning to trekking in Manaslu Region? Lets plan your adventure with expert local trekking company.